Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Year of Sherlockian Delights


The beginning of the new year is the perfect time to pick up A Curious Collection of Dates: Through the Year with Sherlock Holmes and read it every day.

And if you don't already have a copy, get one.

This is a day book, meaning it has an entry for every day of the year - in this case, all of them related in some way to the phenomenon that is Sherlock Holmes. Today, for example, you can read about one of the early Holmes parodists (the creator of "Picklock Holes") and about the founding of the Western Morning News (whose type face once gave young Sherlock Holmes some trouble.)

A Curious Collection of Dates is not only a great idea, but superbly executed. I have been reading it daily since May. And when I get back to where I started, I just may begin again. If I haven't persuaded you yet, check out what wrote about it last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment